“If you can change your perception, you can change your emotion, and this can lead to new ideas.”
- Edward Bono
"Evolving Perceptions" is a cutting edge exhibit that will stretch the imagination of the viewer and display a mix of new and traditional art quilt techniques.
This juried exhibition contains the exceptional work by thirty SAQA members from the Colorado/Utah/Wyoming Region and premiered in 2019 at the Foothills Art Center in Golden Colorado. It was judged by current SAQA President, Deborah Boschert. “Going through all the entries I was struck by artists’ willingness to explore materials in innovative ways,” Boschert explained. “Some pieces make the material itself the focal point by mounting and presenting cloth to be carefully examined. Others manipulate the fabric creating dramatic texture and pattern”. Museum visitors will notice the finer details of each quilt’s technique and variety of materials.
Guided tours available:
11:00 AM on Tuesdays and Fridays
2:00 PM Wednesdays and Thursdays
All Other Times By Appointment.
Contact Mary Ann Urban at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435-226-1435 to arrange your tour.
We take seriously the health and well being of all our visitors and staff and are implementing recommended protocols, which include:
- Priority hours for high-risk groups: Tuesday-Friday 10am - 12pm, Saturdays 12pm-1pm.
- Visitors strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Employees screened daily for symptoms and will wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer and soap accessible in the gallery.
- Each visiting household must provide an email address or phone number for virus contact tracing.