- This event has passed.
Family Scan Day AT the Library
January 27 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Brigham City Library and Museum are teaming up to help you preserve your family history!
The Brigham City Museum will provide its book and document scanner for our Family Scan Day at the Brigham City Library.
Register for a 20-minute session and bring:
- An unopened (factory sealed) flash/USB drive.
- You’ll be able to purchase a USB drive at the library, if you don’t have one.
- All storage devices must remain sealed in their original packaging until you are in your session. Event staff will need to see you open the package during your session. Staff will not allow the use of unsealed flash/USB drives or other storage.
- Your documents to scan (i.e. pictures, letters, etc.).
- The scanner will digitize objects that are up to 11″ x 16″ in size.
- Keep copyright law in mind. As with use of the library’s copy and scanning machines, patrons are reminded that it is their responsibility to keep use consistent with copyright law.
You go home with:
- Your original documents.
- Digital copies of your documents on your flash/USB drive.
Registration will limit you to one name on the reservation, however this is a family/group registration. You may bring others with you and share the 20-minute session. Please indicate on the registration form how many you anticipate to include in your group. It is anticipated that a group may be able to scan about 30 documents in one 20-minute session.
Accessibility: Due to construction on the Library’s elevator, the elevator may not be operational on the date of this event, which will take place in the Library’s Basement. If the elevator construction prevents you from being able to attend, please contact Jennifer at the Brigham City Museum, 435-226-1439. (If construction is completed, you may get to be one of the first to use our new elevator!)